Goffstown CERT training begins Feb. 21
GOFFSTOWN - The Goffstown Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program is offering an emergency preparedness training course through the Goffstown Adult Education Program.
The free training for interested people age 18 and older is a 20-hour course over a five-week period, from Feb. 12 to March 21.
The course is given in 10 two-hour lessons twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 6 to 8 p.m., at the Goffstown High School.
Completion of the course does not obligate anyone to join CERT, although trainees are welcome to apply.
The Community Emergency Response Team Program is one of the volunteer programs administered by Volunteer NH and its mission is to educate people about disaster preparedness and train them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, and disaster medical operations.
Using their training, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event and can take a more active role in preparing their community. The program is administered nationally by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Goffstown CERT has more than 75 volunteers performing community service each year on behalf of the CERT organization. Anyone interested in taking the basic training course can register by e-mailing email@example.com or by visiting the website at www.goffstowncert.org.
For more information about volunteering for Goffstown CERT, call 497-4858, visit the website or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Goffstown CERT can also be found on Facebook.
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 2
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Mind your (flea-market) manners