June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Manchester pizza delivery man assaulted, robbed
Man arrested and charged in connection with robbery of 65-year-old pizza delivery driver
MANCHESTER - A 65-year-old man was punched in the face and robbed Thursday night when he tried to deliver a pizza to a Lake Avenue address.
It turned out the apartment was vacant but a robber was there to grab the food and the delivery man's wallet, according to police.
The man was bleeding from a cut to his face when officers arrived at Santoro's Pizza, 400 Union St., after they were called about the 10 p.m. robbery.
Someone placed an order for delivery to 270 Lake Ave., first floor. When the delivery man arrived at the address and knocked on the door, a man opened it and immediately punched him in the face, knocking him to the ground.
The robber, described only as a young black male, took the food and the man's wallet and then went back inside.
Police checked the Lake Avenue apartment which turned out to be vacant. The robber was no where to be found.
Anyone with information about he robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 0
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Queen City community to celebrate U.N. World Refugee Day today - 0
- Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation’s 93rd season has something for everyone - 0
- VAMC hires 15 new mental health professionals - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424