June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Manchester pizza delivery man assaulted, robbed
Man arrested and charged in connection with robbery of 65-year-old pizza delivery driver
MANCHESTER - A 65-year-old man was punched in the face and robbed Thursday night when he tried to deliver a pizza to a Lake Avenue address.
It turned out the apartment was vacant but a robber was there to grab the food and the delivery man's wallet, according to police.
The man was bleeding from a cut to his face when officers arrived at Santoro's Pizza, 400 Union St., after they were called about the 10 p.m. robbery.
Someone placed an order for delivery to 270 Lake Ave., first floor. When the delivery man arrived at the address and knocked on the door, a man opened it and immediately punched him in the face, knocking him to the ground.
The robber, described only as a young black male, took the food and the man's wallet and then went back inside.
Police checked the Lake Avenue apartment which turned out to be vacant. The robber was no where to be found.
Anyone with information about he robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 14
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424