Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Police say mom left 8-year-old with sex offender
When Anthony Baslow was paroled from state prison, his girlfriend signed papers saying she would not allow any child to be left alone with him.
After all, Baslow was a convicted child sex-offender undergoing treatment outside prison walls; his girlfriend, Meghan Wilcox, had an 8-year-old child in her care, according to prosecutors.
In October, Baslow was charged with molesting the boy, and late last month, Wilcox herself was charged.
The 29-year-old Danbury resident faces four Class A misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a child. Each carries a potential penalty of one year in jail.
In indictments, prosecutors allege Wilcox acted on purpose when she left the child alone with Baslow four times between June and September of last year. The crimes allegedly took place at a Wilmot location.
Baslow, who has returned to state prison, faces four counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault, three counts of felonious sexual assault and one count of indecent exposure in connection with the assaults.
Susan Larrabee, a Merrimack County assistant attorney, said Baslow and Wilcox were boyfriend and girlfriend. As part of his sex-offender treatment, he signed papers saying he would have no contact with children.
"If kids are nearby, a chaperone goes through a course (about sexual offender treatment) and must also sign a contract," Larrabee said.
Wilcox signed a sex offender chaperone contract, promising she would not allow a child to be left alone with Baslow, according to the indictment.
According to the state Corrections Department website, Baslow was convicted in Grafton and Sullivan County superior courts for crimes that took place in 2000 and 2007, respectively.
- - - - - - - -
Mark Hayward may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483