Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Police say mom left 8-year-old with sex offender
When Anthony Baslow was paroled from state prison, his girlfriend signed papers saying she would not allow any child to be left alone with him.
After all, Baslow was a convicted child sex-offender undergoing treatment outside prison walls; his girlfriend, Meghan Wilcox, had an 8-year-old child in her care, according to prosecutors.
In October, Baslow was charged with molesting the boy, and late last month, Wilcox herself was charged.
The 29-year-old Danbury resident faces four Class A misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a child. Each carries a potential penalty of one year in jail.
In indictments, prosecutors allege Wilcox acted on purpose when she left the child alone with Baslow four times between June and September of last year. The crimes allegedly took place at a Wilmot location.
Baslow, who has returned to state prison, faces four counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault, three counts of felonious sexual assault and one count of indecent exposure in connection with the assaults.
Susan Larrabee, a Merrimack County assistant attorney, said Baslow and Wilcox were boyfriend and girlfriend. As part of his sex-offender treatment, he signed papers saying he would have no contact with children.
"If kids are nearby, a chaperone goes through a course (about sexual offender treatment) and must also sign a contract," Larrabee said.
Wilcox signed a sex offender chaperone contract, promising she would not allow a child to be left alone with Baslow, according to the indictment.
According to the state Corrections Department website, Baslow was convicted in Grafton and Sullivan County superior courts for crimes that took place in 2000 and 2007, respectively.
- - - - - - - -
Mark Hayward may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal