June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police say mom left 8-year-old with sex offender
When Anthony Baslow was paroled from state prison, his girlfriend signed papers saying she would not allow any child to be left alone with him.
After all, Baslow was a convicted child sex-offender undergoing treatment outside prison walls; his girlfriend, Meghan Wilcox, had an 8-year-old child in her care, according to prosecutors.
In October, Baslow was charged with molesting the boy, and late last month, Wilcox herself was charged.
The 29-year-old Danbury resident faces four Class A misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a child. Each carries a potential penalty of one year in jail.
In indictments, prosecutors allege Wilcox acted on purpose when she left the child alone with Baslow four times between June and September of last year. The crimes allegedly took place at a Wilmot location.
Baslow, who has returned to state prison, faces four counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault, three counts of felonious sexual assault and one count of indecent exposure in connection with the assaults.
Susan Larrabee, a Merrimack County assistant attorney, said Baslow and Wilcox were boyfriend and girlfriend. As part of his sex-offender treatment, he signed papers saying he would have no contact with children.
"If kids are nearby, a chaperone goes through a course (about sexual offender treatment) and must also sign a contract," Larrabee said.
Wilcox signed a sex offender chaperone contract, promising she would not allow a child to be left alone with Baslow, according to the indictment.
According to the state Corrections Department website, Baslow was convicted in Grafton and Sullivan County superior courts for crimes that took place in 2000 and 2007, respectively.
- - - - - - - -
Mark Hayward may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 26
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424