Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Police say mom left 8-year-old with sex offender
When Anthony Baslow was paroled from state prison, his girlfriend signed papers saying she would not allow any child to be left alone with him.
After all, Baslow was a convicted child sex-offender undergoing treatment outside prison walls; his girlfriend, Meghan Wilcox, had an 8-year-old child in her care, according to prosecutors.
In October, Baslow was charged with molesting the boy, and late last month, Wilcox herself was charged.
The 29-year-old Danbury resident faces four Class A misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a child. Each carries a potential penalty of one year in jail.
In indictments, prosecutors allege Wilcox acted on purpose when she left the child alone with Baslow four times between June and September of last year. The crimes allegedly took place at a Wilmot location.
Baslow, who has returned to state prison, faces four counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault, three counts of felonious sexual assault and one count of indecent exposure in connection with the assaults.
Susan Larrabee, a Merrimack County assistant attorney, said Baslow and Wilcox were boyfriend and girlfriend. As part of his sex-offender treatment, he signed papers saying he would have no contact with children.
"If kids are nearby, a chaperone goes through a course (about sexual offender treatment) and must also sign a contract," Larrabee said.
Wilcox signed a sex offender chaperone contract, promising she would not allow a child to be left alone with Baslow, according to the indictment.
According to the state Corrections Department website, Baslow was convicted in Grafton and Sullivan County superior courts for crimes that took place in 2000 and 2007, respectively.
- - - - - - - -
Mark Hayward may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 10
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 2
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483