Home » News » Public Safety
Memorial is Sunday for toddler who died in Londonderry fire
LONDONDERRY - The Londonderry toddler who died in a mobile home fire last month will be remembered this weekend during a public memorial service.
Services for Garrett Brycen Grice, 17 months old, will take place at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Halcyon Club in Derry.
Garrett died of smoke inhalation following an accidental fire on Dec. 20 that destroyed his family's 17 Norwich Place home. The little boy was sleeping in his crib when an unattended cooking fire spread from the home's stove, igniting the home within minutes.
Family members described Garrett as a happy child who smiled often and enjoyed the company of his two young brothers. In the days following the toddler's death, members of the public donated funds through Citizens Bank to assist the family with memorial expenses.
Donations to the fund may still be made at: The Garrett Grice Memorial Fund, c/o Citizen's Bank, 1550 N. Elm St., Manchester, NH 03101.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare