All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Memorial is Sunday for toddler who died in Londonderry fire

January 04. 2013 10:30PM

LONDONDERRY - The Londonderry toddler who died in a mobile home fire last month will be remembered this weekend during a public memorial service.

Services for Garrett Brycen Grice, 17 months old, will take place at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Halcyon Club in Derry.

Garrett died of smoke inhalation following an accidental fire on Dec. 20 that destroyed his family's 17 Norwich Place home. The little boy was sleeping in his crib when an unattended cooking fire spread from the home's stove, igniting the home within minutes.

Family members described Garrett as a happy child who smiled often and enjoyed the company of his two young brothers. In the days following the toddler's death, members of the public donated funds through Citizens Bank to assist the family with memorial expenses.

Donations to the fund may still be made at: The Garrett Grice Memorial Fund, c/o Citizen's Bank, 1550 N. Elm St., Manchester, NH 03101.

Fires Londonderry

More Headlines