Home » News » Public Safety
Memorial is Sunday for toddler who died in Londonderry fire
LONDONDERRY - The Londonderry toddler who died in a mobile home fire last month will be remembered this weekend during a public memorial service.
Services for Garrett Brycen Grice, 17 months old, will take place at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Halcyon Club in Derry.
Garrett died of smoke inhalation following an accidental fire on Dec. 20 that destroyed his family's 17 Norwich Place home. The little boy was sleeping in his crib when an unattended cooking fire spread from the home's stove, igniting the home within minutes.
Family members described Garrett as a happy child who smiled often and enjoyed the company of his two young brothers. In the days following the toddler's death, members of the public donated funds through Citizens Bank to assist the family with memorial expenses.
Donations to the fund may still be made at: The Garrett Grice Memorial Fund, c/o Citizen's Bank, 1550 N. Elm St., Manchester, NH 03101.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate