Home » News » Public Safety
Memorial is Sunday for toddler who died in Londonderry fire
LONDONDERRY - The Londonderry toddler who died in a mobile home fire last month will be remembered this weekend during a public memorial service.
Services for Garrett Brycen Grice, 17 months old, will take place at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Halcyon Club in Derry.
Garrett died of smoke inhalation following an accidental fire on Dec. 20 that destroyed his family's 17 Norwich Place home. The little boy was sleeping in his crib when an unattended cooking fire spread from the home's stove, igniting the home within minutes.
Family members described Garrett as a happy child who smiled often and enjoyed the company of his two young brothers. In the days following the toddler's death, members of the public donated funds through Citizens Bank to assist the family with memorial expenses.
Donations to the fund may still be made at: The Garrett Grice Memorial Fund, c/o Citizen's Bank, 1550 N. Elm St., Manchester, NH 03101.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 0
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long