Home » News » Public Safety
Police search for possible burn victim in suspicious fire
MANCHESTER - Investigators believe someone was trying to siphon gas from a U-Haul box truck Friday morning, triggering a blaze that damaged three trucks at the Hooksett Road facility.
Police Lt. Maureen Tessier said investigators have not determined how the fire started, but believe it happened when someone tried to siphon gas out of a truck parked at the 443 Hooksett Road business. Investigators found a heavily charred gas can between the two destroyed trucks.
It's possible, she said, the person or people involved in the incident suffered burns from the flames. Investigators called local hospitals to see if anyone sought medical attention, but so far no one has, according to Tessier.
Two large box trucks, parked in the rear lot, were in flames when firefighters arrived after the fire was called in about 5 a.m. They quickly extinguished the fire which also damaged a third truck.
Anyone with information about the fire is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 2
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 21
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer