Home » News » Public Safety
Police search for possible burn victim in suspicious fire
MANCHESTER - Investigators believe someone was trying to siphon gas from a U-Haul box truck Friday morning, triggering a blaze that damaged three trucks at the Hooksett Road facility.
Police Lt. Maureen Tessier said investigators have not determined how the fire started, but believe it happened when someone tried to siphon gas out of a truck parked at the 443 Hooksett Road business. Investigators found a heavily charred gas can between the two destroyed trucks.
It's possible, she said, the person or people involved in the incident suffered burns from the flames. Investigators called local hospitals to see if anyone sought medical attention, but so far no one has, according to Tessier.
Two large box trucks, parked in the rear lot, were in flames when firefighters arrived after the fire was called in about 5 a.m. They quickly extinguished the fire which also damaged a third truck.
Anyone with information about the fire is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads