Home » News » Public Safety
Police search for possible burn victim in suspicious fire
MANCHESTER - Investigators believe someone was trying to siphon gas from a U-Haul box truck Friday morning, triggering a blaze that damaged three trucks at the Hooksett Road facility.
Police Lt. Maureen Tessier said investigators have not determined how the fire started, but believe it happened when someone tried to siphon gas out of a truck parked at the 443 Hooksett Road business. Investigators found a heavily charred gas can between the two destroyed trucks.
It's possible, she said, the person or people involved in the incident suffered burns from the flames. Investigators called local hospitals to see if anyone sought medical attention, but so far no one has, according to Tessier.
Two large box trucks, parked in the rear lot, were in flames when firefighters arrived after the fire was called in about 5 a.m. They quickly extinguished the fire which also damaged a third truck.
Anyone with information about the fire is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 3
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072