Home » News » Public Safety
Snow squalls, ice cause crashes on I-89
State police are warning motorists to slow down if traveling this morning on Interstate 89, north of Exit 10, because of "flash snow squalls" and icy roads that have resulted in cars sliding of the highway and some car crashes.
About 9:30 a.m., troopers were dealing with multiple cars off the road and some crashes.
Earlier in the morning, the left lane of I-89 north in New London, just south of Exit 12, was shut down shut down due to an accident.
About 6:30 a.m., a stretch of the highway just north of Exit 14 in Enfield was closed for another crash. It reopened about two hours later after the crash was cleared, according to the state Department of Transportation.
Highway crews are treating the highways but state police said motorists still should slow down.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Dover woman charged after crash into Dover toll plaza - 2
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
- Nashua aldermanic committee votes to help soup kitchen - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072