Home » News » Public Safety
Snow squalls, ice cause crashes on I-89
State police are warning motorists to slow down if traveling this morning on Interstate 89, north of Exit 10, because of "flash snow squalls" and icy roads that have resulted in cars sliding of the highway and some car crashes.
About 9:30 a.m., troopers were dealing with multiple cars off the road and some crashes.
Earlier in the morning, the left lane of I-89 north in New London, just south of Exit 12, was shut down shut down due to an accident.
About 6:30 a.m., a stretch of the highway just north of Exit 14 in Enfield was closed for another crash. It reopened about two hours later after the crash was cleared, according to the state Department of Transportation.
Highway crews are treating the highways but state police said motorists still should slow down.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it