Home » News » Public Safety
Snow squalls, ice cause crashes on I-89
State police are warning motorists to slow down if traveling this morning on Interstate 89, north of Exit 10, because of "flash snow squalls" and icy roads that have resulted in cars sliding of the highway and some car crashes.
About 9:30 a.m., troopers were dealing with multiple cars off the road and some crashes.
Earlier in the morning, the left lane of I-89 north in New London, just south of Exit 12, was shut down shut down due to an accident.
About 6:30 a.m., a stretch of the highway just north of Exit 14 in Enfield was closed for another crash. It reopened about two hours later after the crash was cleared, according to the state Department of Transportation.
Highway crews are treating the highways but state police said motorists still should slow down.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth