Home » News » Public Safety
Snow squalls, ice cause crashes on I-89
State police are warning motorists to slow down if traveling this morning on Interstate 89, north of Exit 10, because of "flash snow squalls" and icy roads that have resulted in cars sliding of the highway and some car crashes.
About 9:30 a.m., troopers were dealing with multiple cars off the road and some crashes.
Earlier in the morning, the left lane of I-89 north in New London, just south of Exit 12, was shut down shut down due to an accident.
About 6:30 a.m., a stretch of the highway just north of Exit 14 in Enfield was closed for another crash. It reopened about two hours later after the crash was cleared, according to the state Department of Transportation.
Highway crews are treating the highways but state police said motorists still should slow down.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride