Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Dartmouth hockey team beaten in OT
Matt Lindblad and Tim O'Brien scored two goals in the final minutes to help Dartmouth College force overtime, but Quinnipiac University netted the game winner in the extra frame for a 3-2 victory at Hamden, Conn., on Friday night. Jordan Samuels-Thomas scored with 1:30 remaining in OT to lift No. 5 Quinnipiac (12-0-1, 9-0-0, ECAC Hockey).
Dartmouth goalie Charles Grant stopped 32 shots as the No. 8 Big Green dropped to 8-4-2 overall and 4-2-1 in ECAC.
O'Brien tied the game with 3:34 remaining in regulation.
RPI 2, Dartmouth 1: At Troy, N.Y., Dartmouth senior Jenna Hobeika scored a goal for the third straight game, but the Big Green could not overcome a two-goal deficit on Friday night. RPI (6-11-2, 4-5-0 ECAC) pushed its win streak to four, while Dartmouth dropped to 7-5-2 overall, 3-4-1 in the ECAC.
Swimming and diving
The Keene State College diving team turned in several strong performances in a 1-meter competition featuring more than 30 competitors at the Swimming Hall of Fame pool in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Thursday. In the women's field, freshman Kelly Gilmore placed seventh with 177 points.
Bentley 157, Plymouth State 90: At Waltham, Mass., Delia Foley of Londonderry finished runner-up in the 200 freestyle and third in the 500 free to pace the Panthers. Teammate Jennifer Samaro of Salem was third in the 100 breaststroke and 100 IM.
Stevenson 3, Plymouth State 1: At Boston, PSU goaltender Ali Ponte made 33 saves on 36 shots as the Mustangs won the consolation game of the Codfish Bowl Women's Ice Hockey Tournament.
All youth basketball players wearing their team's jersey or T-shirt to Sunday's doubleheader at Southern New Hampshire University basketball will receive free admission to both games at the SNHU Fieldhouse. The Penmen take on UMass-Lowell, with the women's game beginning at 1:30 p.m., followed by the men's game at 3:30 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 10
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 38
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 30
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize