Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Dartmouth hockey team beaten in OT
Matt Lindblad and Tim O'Brien scored two goals in the final minutes to help Dartmouth College force overtime, but Quinnipiac University netted the game winner in the extra frame for a 3-2 victory at Hamden, Conn., on Friday night. Jordan Samuels-Thomas scored with 1:30 remaining in OT to lift No. 5 Quinnipiac (12-0-1, 9-0-0, ECAC Hockey).
Dartmouth goalie Charles Grant stopped 32 shots as the No. 8 Big Green dropped to 8-4-2 overall and 4-2-1 in ECAC.
O'Brien tied the game with 3:34 remaining in regulation.
RPI 2, Dartmouth 1: At Troy, N.Y., Dartmouth senior Jenna Hobeika scored a goal for the third straight game, but the Big Green could not overcome a two-goal deficit on Friday night. RPI (6-11-2, 4-5-0 ECAC) pushed its win streak to four, while Dartmouth dropped to 7-5-2 overall, 3-4-1 in the ECAC.
Swimming and diving
The Keene State College diving team turned in several strong performances in a 1-meter competition featuring more than 30 competitors at the Swimming Hall of Fame pool in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Thursday. In the women's field, freshman Kelly Gilmore placed seventh with 177 points.
Bentley 157, Plymouth State 90: At Waltham, Mass., Delia Foley of Londonderry finished runner-up in the 200 freestyle and third in the 500 free to pace the Panthers. Teammate Jennifer Samaro of Salem was third in the 100 breaststroke and 100 IM.
Stevenson 3, Plymouth State 1: At Boston, PSU goaltender Ali Ponte made 33 saves on 36 shots as the Mustangs won the consolation game of the Codfish Bowl Women's Ice Hockey Tournament.
All youth basketball players wearing their team's jersey or T-shirt to Sunday's doubleheader at Southern New Hampshire University basketball will receive free admission to both games at the SNHU Fieldhouse. The Penmen take on UMass-Lowell, with the women's game beginning at 1:30 p.m., followed by the men's game at 3:30 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice