Two Manchester men arrested over Bedford shoplifting call
BEDFORD -- Police called for a report of a shoplifter at Stop & Shop ended up arresting two Manchester men Saturday.
Police said they found the alleged shoplifter, who fled the Kilton Road supermarket around 10 a.m.
Donald Johnson, 21, was charged with robbery and is scheduled to be arraigned in Merrimack District Court on Monday, according to Sgt. Kyle Thrasher. He was being held on $5,000 cash bail at the Valley Street Jail.
Officers investigating the shoplifting call detained the other Manchester man at the supermarket, he said. George Johnson, 20, attempted to flee and was quickly taken into custody.
George Johnson is charged with willful concealment, resisting arrest, simple assault and a bench warrant. He was being held without bail at the Valley Street Jail, facing arraignment Monday in Merrimack District Court.
Police didn't say whether the men are related.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions