Two Manchester men arrested over Bedford shoplifting call
BEDFORD -- Police called for a report of a shoplifter at Stop & Shop ended up arresting two Manchester men Saturday.
Police said they found the alleged shoplifter, who fled the Kilton Road supermarket around 10 a.m.
Donald Johnson, 21, was charged with robbery and is scheduled to be arraigned in Merrimack District Court on Monday, according to Sgt. Kyle Thrasher. He was being held on $5,000 cash bail at the Valley Street Jail.
Officers investigating the shoplifting call detained the other Manchester man at the supermarket, he said. George Johnson, 20, attempted to flee and was quickly taken into custody.
George Johnson is charged with willful concealment, resisting arrest, simple assault and a bench warrant. He was being held without bail at the Valley Street Jail, facing arraignment Monday in Merrimack District Court.
Police didn't say whether the men are related.
The Bedford Bulletin
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 6
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
NH Senior News Briefs
Mind your (flea-market) manners
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?