Bedford woman helped in Mt. Major carryout
ALTON — Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major Sunday to help an injured hiker off the mountain.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major, off Route 11, around 2:30 p.m. Sunday to assist with a hiker who injured an ankle. The injury occurred near the summit of the Boulder Loop Trail, and the woman, identified as Shannon Koechel, 21, of Bedford was unable to continue down the mountain without assistance, due to snow and ice in the area.
A team of nine volunteers carried Koechel down the mountain, where they met the woman's parents at about 4:30 p.m.. She was driven from the site by family members with a minor ankle injury.
Fish and Game officials report she and members of her hiking group were properly prepared for such a hike.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Todd Oliver will take the stage as part of a Hanukkah show - 0
- 'Charlie Brown' jazz riffs take center stage - 0
- Concord Holiday Variety Show features jazz aces, comedian - 0
- Kristen Ford show at Blue Mermaid - 0
- Operetta draws on 'Las Posadas' festival, NH illustrator Tomie dePaola's works - 0
- Polar Express event chugs into Pelham Library tonight - 0
- 'Messiah Sing' rings out on Seacoast - 0
- Beach Boys to play Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom - 0
- Rock band Buckcherry plays Manchester Nighclub - 0
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Enter to win tickets to see Arc Isis
Enter to win tickets to see Pirate School
NH's fishing industry staggered
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Police arrest pair after bullets fly