Bedford woman helped in Mt. Major carryout
ALTON — Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major Sunday to help an injured hiker off the mountain.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major, off Route 11, around 2:30 p.m. Sunday to assist with a hiker who injured an ankle. The injury occurred near the summit of the Boulder Loop Trail, and the woman, identified as Shannon Koechel, 21, of Bedford was unable to continue down the mountain without assistance, due to snow and ice in the area.
A team of nine volunteers carried Koechel down the mountain, where they met the woman's parents at about 4:30 p.m.. She was driven from the site by family members with a minor ankle injury.
Fish and Game officials report she and members of her hiking group were properly prepared for such a hike.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The music spoke, she listened - 0
- Andy's Summer Playhouse: Curtain comes down on 44th season - 0
- Barnstormers benefit auction set for Sunday - 0
- Mostly Bach Festival in North Conway this weekend - 0
- All aboard for a ride and nature tour - 0
- Kingston Trio returns to the Flying Monkey - 0
- Violinist, pianist in New Castle Sunday - 0
- Catch Roland Goodbody in 'A Pair Of His Own Shorts' - 0
- Fire on the Mountain Chili Fest in Henniker on Sunday - 0
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
All aboard for a ride and nature tour
The music spoke, she listened
ISIS beheads NH journalist