Bedford woman helped in Mt. Major carryout
ALTON — Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major Sunday to help an injured hiker off the mountain.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major, off Route 11, around 2:30 p.m. Sunday to assist with a hiker who injured an ankle. The injury occurred near the summit of the Boulder Loop Trail, and the woman, identified as Shannon Koechel, 21, of Bedford was unable to continue down the mountain without assistance, due to snow and ice in the area.
A team of nine volunteers carried Koechel down the mountain, where they met the woman's parents at about 4:30 p.m.. She was driven from the site by family members with a minor ankle injury.
Fish and Game officials report she and members of her hiking group were properly prepared for such a hike.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Henry Winston Huard - 0
- 2 from NH complete Air Force training - 0
- Major-Remkus - 0
- Haylee Ann-Marie Patten - 0
- In the longest nights of the year, our birds are living on the edge - 0
- Inmates give back, making Christmas gifts - 0
- Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen - 0
- 50 years later, burgers and french fries still making McMemories - 0
- A new era for Nashua's police force - 1
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Inmates give back, making Christmas gifts