Home » Opinion » Editorials
Bedford woman helped in Mt. Major carryout
ALTON — Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major Sunday to help an injured hiker off the mountain.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major, off Route 11, around 2:30 p.m. Sunday to assist with a hiker who injured an ankle. The injury occurred near the summit of the Boulder Loop Trail, and the woman, identified as Shannon Koechel, 21, of Bedford was unable to continue down the mountain without assistance, due to snow and ice in the area.
A team of nine volunteers carried Koechel down the mountain, where they met the woman's parents at about 4:30 p.m.. She was driven from the site by family members with a minor ankle injury.
Fish and Game officials report she and members of her hiking group were properly prepared for such a hike.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- 'Christmas Carol' a rite of passage for community theater world - 0
- Christmas chuckles served up at Queen City campus dining hall - 0
- Rex Fowler's Nutopians spotlight tunes by Beatles great John Lennon in Plymouth concert Friday - 0
- Palace Theatre celebrates holiday tradition with 'Christmas Carol' - 0
- Nutcracker comes to life in Boire Dance Academy's holiday production in Nashua - 0
- Holiday mayhem and magic ensues in a Nashua stage adventure - 0
- Musical siblings bring a Leahy Family Christmas to The Music Hall - 0
- Ghostly visits materialize in Lincoln play - 0
- Art Concord event Saturday opens doors to area galleries and artistic creations - 0
Win tickets to see Monster Jam
Bedford Village Inn plans to add new hotel
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans