Bedford woman helped in Mt. Major carryout
ALTON — Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major Sunday to help an injured hiker off the mountain.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major, off Route 11, around 2:30 p.m. Sunday to assist with a hiker who injured an ankle. The injury occurred near the summit of the Boulder Loop Trail, and the woman, identified as Shannon Koechel, 21, of Bedford was unable to continue down the mountain without assistance, due to snow and ice in the area.
A team of nine volunteers carried Koechel down the mountain, where they met the woman's parents at about 4:30 p.m.. She was driven from the site by family members with a minor ankle injury.
Fish and Game officials report she and members of her hiking group were properly prepared for such a hike.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem board declines to support citizen petition on sign ordinance - 0
- Good News Garage offers hope to those in need - 0
- Bedford pizza shop gets a visit from a famous former employee - 1
- Thoughts as we move from one year to another - 0
- It's ice fishing time, and here are some tips to make it great - 0
- Contra dance capital in Nelson - 0
- Seth Meyers visits Bedford pizza shop where he worked as teen - 2
- Nature Talks: Taking a closer look at the red-bellied woodpecker - 0
- Pinkerton Academy students learn audio production from a pro - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
Pressuring FairPoint: Dems take a safe stand