Bedford woman helped in Mt. Major carryout
ALTON — Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major Sunday to help an injured hiker off the mountain.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major, off Route 11, around 2:30 p.m. Sunday to assist with a hiker who injured an ankle. The injury occurred near the summit of the Boulder Loop Trail, and the woman, identified as Shannon Koechel, 21, of Bedford was unable to continue down the mountain without assistance, due to snow and ice in the area.
A team of nine volunteers carried Koechel down the mountain, where they met the woman's parents at about 4:30 p.m.. She was driven from the site by family members with a minor ankle injury.
Fish and Game officials report she and members of her hiking group were properly prepared for such a hike.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cranmore To Offer Special Learn to Ski or Snowboard Package - 0
- Loeb School offers free Winter Classes - 0
- Free Ice Fishing Seminars at Fish and Game in January - 0
- Amherst holiday tour features historical homes - 0
- Peterborough seniors know they have friends - 0
- Enter to win a pair of tickets to see Zappa Plays Zappa - 0
- Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow - 0
- Feeling Scrooge-ish? Just visit the Festival of Trees - 0
- Monadnock Conservancy gets towns' financial help - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Peterborough seniors know they have friends
Loeb School offers free Winter Classes
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal