Bedford woman helped in Mt. Major carryout
ALTON — Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major Sunday to help an injured hiker off the mountain.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officers were called to Mt. Major, off Route 11, around 2:30 p.m. Sunday to assist with a hiker who injured an ankle. The injury occurred near the summit of the Boulder Loop Trail, and the woman, identified as Shannon Koechel, 21, of Bedford was unable to continue down the mountain without assistance, due to snow and ice in the area.
A team of nine volunteers carried Koechel down the mountain, where they met the woman's parents at about 4:30 p.m.. She was driven from the site by family members with a minor ankle injury.
Fish and Game officials report she and members of her hiking group were properly prepared for such a hike.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- League of NH Craftsmen's Fair to feature more than 200 craft booths - 0
- Pittsfield Rotary Hot Air Balloon Rally to lift off - 0
- 'New England Cove' on display through August 30 - 0
- Rock-blues band Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes in Hampton - 0
- Chainsaws, Guitars and Laughs - 0
- Antiques Week brings treatures to the table in NH - 0
- The Band Perry to play in Gilford - 0
- 3 Doors Down cranks down the volume with unplugged Seacoast concert - 0
- War of words hits NH stage - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting