Home » News » Public Safety
Man runs into car in Laconia; police investigating
LACONIA — Police are investigating a Saturday night crash involving a pedestrian.
Laconia police were called to the intersection of Court and Pearl streets Saturday at 9:55 p.m., to investigate a crash involving a pedestrian. Police say a 42-year-old man, whose name was not released as of Sunday night, ran into a crosswalk and hit the front of the driver's side door of a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix, driven by Daniel Carroll, 25, of Belmont.
The man was transported to Lakes Region General Hospital by Laconia Fire ambulance to be checked for injuries. There was no update in his condition available from Laconia police Sunday night.
Police said speed does not appear to be a factor in the accident, and they do not expect to issue any charges related to the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 109
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 5
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time