Home » News » Public Safety
Man runs into car in Laconia; police investigating
LACONIA — Police are investigating a Saturday night crash involving a pedestrian.
Laconia police were called to the intersection of Court and Pearl streets Saturday at 9:55 p.m., to investigate a crash involving a pedestrian. Police say a 42-year-old man, whose name was not released as of Sunday night, ran into a crosswalk and hit the front of the driver's side door of a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix, driven by Daniel Carroll, 25, of Belmont.
The man was transported to Lakes Region General Hospital by Laconia Fire ambulance to be checked for injuries. There was no update in his condition available from Laconia police Sunday night.
Police said speed does not appear to be a factor in the accident, and they do not expect to issue any charges related to the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'