Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Two West Side variety stores robbed at knifepoint
MANCHESTER - Two Crosstown Variety Stores on the city's West Side were robbed over the weekend by a man brandishing a large knife.
The first robbery happened about 11 p.m. Saturday at the 270 Amory St. convenience store. The 26-year-old clerk told police a man came into the store brandishing a knife with a long silver blade and demanded money. He gave him cash and coins from the register and the man ran out with the money, grabbing two cartons of Marlboro cigarettes from a display as he fled.
The robber is described as a 5-foot-9, white man in his late teens or early 20s. He was wearing a dark green winter jacket over a dark blue, hooded sweatshirt, dark blue jeans, black gloves and black sneakers with white trim around the soles. He covered his face with a blue bandanna.
On Sunday, about 7 p.m., Crosstown Variety located at 77 Bremer St. was robbed by a man brandishing a large hunting knife. The 39-year-old clerk told police a man entered the store waving the knife and demanding cash. The clerk handed over the cash from the register and the robber fled the store, getting into the passenger side of a large tan truck and drove off on Bremer Street.
The robber is described as a white man, about 5-foot-8 wearing a light gray, hooded sweatshirt and white sneakers with black laces. He had a light gray flannel scarf over his face.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 1
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483