May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Two West Side variety stores robbed at knifepoint
MANCHESTER - Two Crosstown Variety Stores on the city's West Side were robbed over the weekend by a man brandishing a large knife.
The first robbery happened about 11 p.m. Saturday at the 270 Amory St. convenience store. The 26-year-old clerk told police a man came into the store brandishing a knife with a long silver blade and demanded money. He gave him cash and coins from the register and the man ran out with the money, grabbing two cartons of Marlboro cigarettes from a display as he fled.
The robber is described as a 5-foot-9, white man in his late teens or early 20s. He was wearing a dark green winter jacket over a dark blue, hooded sweatshirt, dark blue jeans, black gloves and black sneakers with white trim around the soles. He covered his face with a blue bandanna.
On Sunday, about 7 p.m., Crosstown Variety located at 77 Bremer St. was robbed by a man brandishing a large hunting knife. The 39-year-old clerk told police a man entered the store waving the knife and demanding cash. The clerk handed over the cash from the register and the robber fled the store, getting into the passenger side of a large tan truck and drove off on Bremer Street.
The robber is described as a white man, about 5-foot-8 wearing a light gray, hooded sweatshirt and white sneakers with black laces. He had a light gray flannel scarf over his face.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 0
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424