Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Two West Side variety stores robbed at knifepoint
MANCHESTER - Two Crosstown Variety Stores on the city's West Side were robbed over the weekend by a man brandishing a large knife.
The first robbery happened about 11 p.m. Saturday at the 270 Amory St. convenience store. The 26-year-old clerk told police a man came into the store brandishing a knife with a long silver blade and demanded money. He gave him cash and coins from the register and the man ran out with the money, grabbing two cartons of Marlboro cigarettes from a display as he fled.
The robber is described as a 5-foot-9, white man in his late teens or early 20s. He was wearing a dark green winter jacket over a dark blue, hooded sweatshirt, dark blue jeans, black gloves and black sneakers with white trim around the soles. He covered his face with a blue bandanna.
On Sunday, about 7 p.m., Crosstown Variety located at 77 Bremer St. was robbed by a man brandishing a large hunting knife. The 39-year-old clerk told police a man entered the store waving the knife and demanding cash. The clerk handed over the cash from the register and the robber fled the store, getting into the passenger side of a large tan truck and drove off on Bremer Street.
The robber is described as a white man, about 5-foot-8 wearing a light gray, hooded sweatshirt and white sneakers with black laces. He had a light gray flannel scarf over his face.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 1
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483