Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Hudson woman arrested on drug charge
NASHUA - A Hudson woman is under arrest, accused of possessing narcotic pain killers belonging to someone else.
Linda Murphy, 43, of 8 Gordon St., Apt. 8, was arrested early Friday afternoon on the class B felony charge. Later, police upgraded the offense to a class A felony because Murphy was previously convicted of a misdemeanor drug offense, according to a police news release. A class A felony is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
The investigation began Aug. 30, 2012, when police took a report of someone fraudulently obtaining a prescription pain medication from a local pharmacy two days earlier.
Nashua Police Lt. Michael Moushegian said Murphy used deception to obtain the medicine, which was prescribed for an acquaintance of hers.
What's next: Murphy is being held on $60,000 cash/surety bail pending arraignment Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 16
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917