Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Hudson woman arrested on drug charge
NASHUA - A Hudson woman is under arrest, accused of possessing narcotic pain killers belonging to someone else.
Linda Murphy, 43, of 8 Gordon St., Apt. 8, was arrested early Friday afternoon on the class B felony charge. Later, police upgraded the offense to a class A felony because Murphy was previously convicted of a misdemeanor drug offense, according to a police news release. A class A felony is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
The investigation began Aug. 30, 2012, when police took a report of someone fraudulently obtaining a prescription pain medication from a local pharmacy two days earlier.
Nashua Police Lt. Michael Moushegian said Murphy used deception to obtain the medicine, which was prescribed for an acquaintance of hers.
What's next: Murphy is being held on $60,000 cash/surety bail pending arraignment Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 8
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424