May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Hudson woman arrested on drug charge
NASHUA - A Hudson woman is under arrest, accused of possessing narcotic pain killers belonging to someone else.
Linda Murphy, 43, of 8 Gordon St., Apt. 8, was arrested early Friday afternoon on the class B felony charge. Later, police upgraded the offense to a class A felony because Murphy was previously convicted of a misdemeanor drug offense, according to a police news release. A class A felony is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
The investigation began Aug. 30, 2012, when police took a report of someone fraudulently obtaining a prescription pain medication from a local pharmacy two days earlier.
Nashua Police Lt. Michael Moushegian said Murphy used deception to obtain the medicine, which was prescribed for an acquaintance of hers.
What's next: Murphy is being held on $60,000 cash/surety bail pending arraignment Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424