Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Hudson woman arrested on drug charge
NASHUA - A Hudson woman is under arrest, accused of possessing narcotic pain killers belonging to someone else.
Linda Murphy, 43, of 8 Gordon St., Apt. 8, was arrested early Friday afternoon on the class B felony charge. Later, police upgraded the offense to a class A felony because Murphy was previously convicted of a misdemeanor drug offense, according to a police news release. A class A felony is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
The investigation began Aug. 30, 2012, when police took a report of someone fraudulently obtaining a prescription pain medication from a local pharmacy two days earlier.
Nashua Police Lt. Michael Moushegian said Murphy used deception to obtain the medicine, which was prescribed for an acquaintance of hers.
What's next: Murphy is being held on $60,000 cash/surety bail pending arraignment Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 1
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483