Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Police charge Manchester pair of men after Bedford shoplifting incident
BEDFORD - Police charged a Manchester man with robbery following a shoplifting incident at a Kilton Road store.
Bedford police were called to the Stop & Shop store at 7 Kilton Road at 10 a.m. Saturday to investigate a report of a shoplifter, who allegedly fled the store on foot. Police later identified the alleged thief as Donald Johnson, 21, of Manchester. Police said they located Johnson in a parking lot near the store and took him into custody, charging him with robbery.
Johnson was held Saturday night on $5,000 cash bail at the Valley Street Jail.
While Bedford police were investigating the initial call, a second subject was detained inside the Stop & Shop store. The man, identified as George Johnson, 20, of Manchester allegedly attempted to flee the scene while the theft was under investigation. Johnson was apprehended and charged with willful concealment, resisting arrest, simple assault and a bench warrant. Johnson was also held Saturday night without bail at the Valley Street Jail.
Both men were scheduled to be arraigned Sunday in Merrimack District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424