Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry Fire Chief MacCaffrie resigns
LONDONDERRY - Londonderry Fire Chief Kevin MacCaffrie has resigned from his position, effective March 1.
MacCaffrie announced his decision Monday evening. The fire chief said he planned to step down from his duties "in order to spend more time with his family."
Battalion Chief Darren O'Brien will step forward as acting chief. Londonderry hired MacCaffrie in late 2007, after longtime Chief Michael Carrier - now the Hampstead fire chief - retired after a 30-year career in Londonderry.
The fire chief is the fourth town official to resign in Londonderry recently. In June, longtime town manager David Caron announced his leave of absence, citing a family illness.
But in the days that followed, the town's mismanagement of its impact fees was revealed, and Caron officially resigned from his position on July 20. Police Chief William Hart is currently serving as interim town manager. In mid-October, Community Development Director Andre Garron resigned from his position after accepting a new position as community and regional economic development specialist with the University of New Hampshire's Cooperative Extension. Garron had worked for the town of Londonderry since December 1999. Last month Senior Affairs Coordinator Kimberly Bean, who began working for the town in July 2011, stepped down from her position. The town is working to fill vacancies.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072