Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry Fire Chief MacCaffrie resigns
LONDONDERRY - Londonderry Fire Chief Kevin MacCaffrie has resigned from his position, effective March 1.
MacCaffrie announced his decision Monday evening. The fire chief said he planned to step down from his duties "in order to spend more time with his family."
Battalion Chief Darren O'Brien will step forward as acting chief. Londonderry hired MacCaffrie in late 2007, after longtime Chief Michael Carrier - now the Hampstead fire chief - retired after a 30-year career in Londonderry.
The fire chief is the fourth town official to resign in Londonderry recently. In June, longtime town manager David Caron announced his leave of absence, citing a family illness.
But in the days that followed, the town's mismanagement of its impact fees was revealed, and Caron officially resigned from his position on July 20. Police Chief William Hart is currently serving as interim town manager. In mid-October, Community Development Director Andre Garron resigned from his position after accepting a new position as community and regional economic development specialist with the University of New Hampshire's Cooperative Extension. Garron had worked for the town of Londonderry since December 1999. Last month Senior Affairs Coordinator Kimberly Bean, who began working for the town in July 2011, stepped down from her position. The town is working to fill vacancies.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 10
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 2
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health