Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry Fire Chief MacCaffrie resigns
LONDONDERRY - Londonderry Fire Chief Kevin MacCaffrie has resigned from his position, effective March 1.
MacCaffrie announced his decision Monday evening. The fire chief said he planned to step down from his duties "in order to spend more time with his family."
Battalion Chief Darren O'Brien will step forward as acting chief. Londonderry hired MacCaffrie in late 2007, after longtime Chief Michael Carrier - now the Hampstead fire chief - retired after a 30-year career in Londonderry.
The fire chief is the fourth town official to resign in Londonderry recently. In June, longtime town manager David Caron announced his leave of absence, citing a family illness.
But in the days that followed, the town's mismanagement of its impact fees was revealed, and Caron officially resigned from his position on July 20. Police Chief William Hart is currently serving as interim town manager. In mid-October, Community Development Director Andre Garron resigned from his position after accepting a new position as community and regional economic development specialist with the University of New Hampshire's Cooperative Extension. Garron had worked for the town of Londonderry since December 1999. Last month Senior Affairs Coordinator Kimberly Bean, who began working for the town in July 2011, stepped down from her position. The town is working to fill vacancies.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 10
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 2
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'