Home » News » Public Safety
Driver says gun was pulled after Manchester fender-bender
MANCHESTER - A city man was threatened by a man with a gun after a minor fender-bender at the intersection of Johnson and Porter streets Friday night.
The driver, Kevin Cullinane, 27, told police about 9 p.m. Friday he was heading west on Johnson Street when he came to the stop sign at Porter Street. He stopped but was suddenly "bumped" from behind by a gold Chevy Trailblazer.
According to a police press release, Cullinane pulled his car through the intersection and then pulled to the side of the road. The Trailblazer first pulled up alongside him and then pulled across in front of his car, blocking him from moving foward.
The Chevy's driver got out of the SUV and, with a silver revolver in his hand, approached Cullinane, who still was sitting in his car. With the butt of the gun, the Chevy driver tapped the hood of Cullinane's the car and then pointed the gun at him, according to police.
Cullinane told police he immediately backed his vehicle over a lawn to get away from the other man and drove off.
The driver of the Chevy is described as a white man in his 20s, about 5-foot-9 with a very pale complexion. He was wearing a black puffy jacket and tan winter hat.
Police said there also was a passenger in the Trailblazer described as a white man in his 20s with a dark goatee and very blue eyes.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711 or Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 6
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs