Home » News » Public Safety
Driver says gun was pulled after Manchester fender-bender
MANCHESTER - A city man was threatened by a man with a gun after a minor fender-bender at the intersection of Johnson and Porter streets Friday night.
The driver, Kevin Cullinane, 27, told police about 9 p.m. Friday he was heading west on Johnson Street when he came to the stop sign at Porter Street. He stopped but was suddenly "bumped" from behind by a gold Chevy Trailblazer.
According to a police press release, Cullinane pulled his car through the intersection and then pulled to the side of the road. The Trailblazer first pulled up alongside him and then pulled across in front of his car, blocking him from moving foward.
The Chevy's driver got out of the SUV and, with a silver revolver in his hand, approached Cullinane, who still was sitting in his car. With the butt of the gun, the Chevy driver tapped the hood of Cullinane's the car and then pointed the gun at him, according to police.
Cullinane told police he immediately backed his vehicle over a lawn to get away from the other man and drove off.
The driver of the Chevy is described as a white man in his 20s, about 5-foot-9 with a very pale complexion. He was wearing a black puffy jacket and tan winter hat.
Police said there also was a passenger in the Trailblazer described as a white man in his 20s with a dark goatee and very blue eyes.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711 or Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body found floating in Sagamore Creek identified - 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 1
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072