Home » News » Public Safety
Driver says gun was pulled after Manchester fender-bender
MANCHESTER - A city man was threatened by a man with a gun after a minor fender-bender at the intersection of Johnson and Porter streets Friday night.
The driver, Kevin Cullinane, 27, told police about 9 p.m. Friday he was heading west on Johnson Street when he came to the stop sign at Porter Street. He stopped but was suddenly "bumped" from behind by a gold Chevy Trailblazer.
According to a police press release, Cullinane pulled his car through the intersection and then pulled to the side of the road. The Trailblazer first pulled up alongside him and then pulled across in front of his car, blocking him from moving foward.
The Chevy's driver got out of the SUV and, with a silver revolver in his hand, approached Cullinane, who still was sitting in his car. With the butt of the gun, the Chevy driver tapped the hood of Cullinane's the car and then pointed the gun at him, according to police.
Cullinane told police he immediately backed his vehicle over a lawn to get away from the other man and drove off.
The driver of the Chevy is described as a white man in his 20s, about 5-foot-9 with a very pale complexion. He was wearing a black puffy jacket and tan winter hat.
Police said there also was a passenger in the Trailblazer described as a white man in his 20s with a dark goatee and very blue eyes.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711 or Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 151
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 26
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off