Home » News » Public Safety
Driver says gun was pulled after Manchester fender-bender
MANCHESTER - A city man was threatened by a man with a gun after a minor fender-bender at the intersection of Johnson and Porter streets Friday night.
The driver, Kevin Cullinane, 27, told police about 9 p.m. Friday he was heading west on Johnson Street when he came to the stop sign at Porter Street. He stopped but was suddenly "bumped" from behind by a gold Chevy Trailblazer.
According to a police press release, Cullinane pulled his car through the intersection and then pulled to the side of the road. The Trailblazer first pulled up alongside him and then pulled across in front of his car, blocking him from moving foward.
The Chevy's driver got out of the SUV and, with a silver revolver in his hand, approached Cullinane, who still was sitting in his car. With the butt of the gun, the Chevy driver tapped the hood of Cullinane's the car and then pointed the gun at him, according to police.
Cullinane told police he immediately backed his vehicle over a lawn to get away from the other man and drove off.
The driver of the Chevy is described as a white man in his 20s, about 5-foot-9 with a very pale complexion. He was wearing a black puffy jacket and tan winter hat.
Police said there also was a passenger in the Trailblazer described as a white man in his 20s with a dark goatee and very blue eyes.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711 or Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters