Home » News » Public Safety
Attorney General's office investigating officer-involved shooting in Mont Vernon
MONT VERNON — Investigators from the Attorney General's office and New Hampshire State Police are investigating the circumstances that led to an officer-involved shooting last night.
The victim, identified as Geoffrey Bidwell (age not released), was in a Massachusetts-area hospital last night in stable condition, according to Associate Attorney General Jane Young, recovering from a gunshot wound. Young would not say last night whether Bidwell was shot by a Mont Vernon police officer (officers from Milford and Amherst were also reportedly called to the scene), confirming only that it was an "officer-involved shooting".
"It is still to early in the process to answer those questions," said Young. "It may take a few days until we are able to provide any more details than what we released tonight."
Young said Mont Vernon police were called to 15 Pond Road in Mont Vernon, New Hampshire around 5 p.m. concerning a suicidal male, later identified as Bidwell. During his interaction with police, Young said Bidwell was shot.
Mont Vernon police could not be reached for comment Sunday night. Milford police would only confirm what was in a press release issued about the shooting.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten