Home » News » Public Safety
Attorney General's office investigating officer-involved shooting in Mont Vernon
MONT VERNON — Investigators from the Attorney General's office and New Hampshire State Police are investigating the circumstances that led to an officer-involved shooting last night.
The victim, identified as Geoffrey Bidwell (age not released), was in a Massachusetts-area hospital last night in stable condition, according to Associate Attorney General Jane Young, recovering from a gunshot wound. Young would not say last night whether Bidwell was shot by a Mont Vernon police officer (officers from Milford and Amherst were also reportedly called to the scene), confirming only that it was an "officer-involved shooting".
"It is still to early in the process to answer those questions," said Young. "It may take a few days until we are able to provide any more details than what we released tonight."
Young said Mont Vernon police were called to 15 Pond Road in Mont Vernon, New Hampshire around 5 p.m. concerning a suicidal male, later identified as Bidwell. During his interaction with police, Young said Bidwell was shot.
Mont Vernon police could not be reached for comment Sunday night. Milford police would only confirm what was in a press release issued about the shooting.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket