Home » News » Public Safety
Attorney General's office investigating officer-involved shooting in Mont Vernon
MONT VERNON — Investigators from the Attorney General's office and New Hampshire State Police are investigating the circumstances that led to an officer-involved shooting last night.
The victim, identified as Geoffrey Bidwell (age not released), was in a Massachusetts-area hospital last night in stable condition, according to Associate Attorney General Jane Young, recovering from a gunshot wound. Young would not say last night whether Bidwell was shot by a Mont Vernon police officer (officers from Milford and Amherst were also reportedly called to the scene), confirming only that it was an "officer-involved shooting".
"It is still to early in the process to answer those questions," said Young. "It may take a few days until we are able to provide any more details than what we released tonight."
Young said Mont Vernon police were called to 15 Pond Road in Mont Vernon, New Hampshire around 5 p.m. concerning a suicidal male, later identified as Bidwell. During his interaction with police, Young said Bidwell was shot.
Mont Vernon police could not be reached for comment Sunday night. Milford police would only confirm what was in a press release issued about the shooting.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH