Home » News » Public Safety
Attorney General's office investigating officer-involved shooting in Mont Vernon
MONT VERNON — Investigators from the Attorney General's office and New Hampshire State Police are investigating the circumstances that led to an officer-involved shooting last night.
The victim, identified as Geoffrey Bidwell (age not released), was in a Massachusetts-area hospital last night in stable condition, according to Associate Attorney General Jane Young, recovering from a gunshot wound. Young would not say last night whether Bidwell was shot by a Mont Vernon police officer (officers from Milford and Amherst were also reportedly called to the scene), confirming only that it was an "officer-involved shooting".
"It is still to early in the process to answer those questions," said Young. "It may take a few days until we are able to provide any more details than what we released tonight."
Young said Mont Vernon police were called to 15 Pond Road in Mont Vernon, New Hampshire around 5 p.m. concerning a suicidal male, later identified as Bidwell. During his interaction with police, Young said Bidwell was shot.
Mont Vernon police could not be reached for comment Sunday night. Milford police would only confirm what was in a press release issued about the shooting.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads