Home » News » Public Safety
Attorney General's office investigating officer-involved shooting in Mont Vernon
MONT VERNON — Investigators from the Attorney General's office and New Hampshire State Police are investigating the circumstances that led to an officer-involved shooting last night.
The victim, identified as Geoffrey Bidwell (age not released), was in a Massachusetts-area hospital last night in stable condition, according to Associate Attorney General Jane Young, recovering from a gunshot wound. Young would not say last night whether Bidwell was shot by a Mont Vernon police officer (officers from Milford and Amherst were also reportedly called to the scene), confirming only that it was an "officer-involved shooting".
"It is still to early in the process to answer those questions," said Young. "It may take a few days until we are able to provide any more details than what we released tonight."
Young said Mont Vernon police were called to 15 Pond Road in Mont Vernon, New Hampshire around 5 p.m. concerning a suicidal male, later identified as Bidwell. During his interaction with police, Young said Bidwell was shot.
Mont Vernon police could not be reached for comment Sunday night. Milford police would only confirm what was in a press release issued about the shooting.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters