Miss New Hampshire stays calm during judges' grilling
"I was very calm, actually," Lyman said about Monday's interview session. "I surprised myself by how calm I was."
Lyman is in Las Vegas this week with 52 other competitors from states and U.S. territories vying for the crown. No competitor from New Hampshire has ever won the competition.
Tuesday night was set for the talent portion of the preliminary rounds, and Lyman planned to tap dance. To Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory."
She said she realizes using the pop superstar, known for her outlandish costumes and stage shows, as her background music is a risky move for the straitlaced competition.
"A little bit (risky)," she said. "But we wanted something that was a new, fresh song."
0reach her goal. Votes for Lyman to be America's Choice for the 2013 Miss America competition are being accepted through Thursday. To vote, go to missamerica.org/videocontest or to the video contest Facebook tab at www.facebook.com/missamericaorganization.
The Miss America Competition is held from Monday through Saturday at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. Preliminary nights are Tuesday, today and Thursday and start at 7 p.m.
The final night of competition will be broadcast live on ABC television from 9 to 11 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 0
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name