Miss New Hampshire stays calm during judges' grilling
"I was very calm, actually," Lyman said about Monday's interview session. "I surprised myself by how calm I was."
Lyman is in Las Vegas this week with 52 other competitors from states and U.S. territories vying for the crown. No competitor from New Hampshire has ever won the competition.
Tuesday night was set for the talent portion of the preliminary rounds, and Lyman planned to tap dance. To Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory."
She said she realizes using the pop superstar, known for her outlandish costumes and stage shows, as her background music is a risky move for the straitlaced competition.
"A little bit (risky)," she said. "But we wanted something that was a new, fresh song."
0reach her goal. Votes for Lyman to be America's Choice for the 2013 Miss America competition are being accepted through Thursday. To vote, go to missamerica.org/videocontest or to the video contest Facebook tab at www.facebook.com/missamericaorganization.
The Miss America Competition is held from Monday through Saturday at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. Preliminary nights are Tuesday, today and Thursday and start at 7 p.m.
The final night of competition will be broadcast live on ABC television from 9 to 11 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
The casino vote: The House did its duty