Comcast bills to increase: 1.6 percent
Comcast cable subscribers will see increases in several services, scheduled to take effect on Jan. 22, according to notices received by municipal officials throughout the state.
"While we've worked hard to hold down price adjustments, the average customer bill will increase by 1.6 percent, beginning with the February 2013 billing cycle," said Comcast spokesman Marc Goodman.
A notice sent to Manchester officials detailed the price hikes. The monthly charge for limited basic cable in the Manchester area will go from $23.07 to $24.60. Expanded basic will go from $44.20 to $45.15.
The Starter Triple Play Bundle, with telephone, digital television and high-speed Internet, will go from $137 to $142 per month.
"We continue making investments in our network and next-generation technology to make enhancements customers want," said Goodman, "including faster Internet speeds, more multi-platform video, improved customer service and self-help options."
Customers currently on a Comcast promotional offer won't see increases until that promotion expires.
Dish Network recently announced an increase in the price of its core TV bundles effective this month, with most packages rising $5 per month. DirecTV announced price increases averaging 4.5 percent, starting in February.
Cable and satellite providers cited the higher costs for programs and the need for investments in new technology as reasons for the increases.
A DirecTV spokesman said that company has to pay about 8 percent more for programs, since almost all of its providers are hiking their rates, according to Reuters.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Comedian Joan Rivers dead at age 81 says daughter - 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters