Comcast bills to increase: 1.6 percent
Comcast cable subscribers will see increases in several services, scheduled to take effect on Jan. 22, according to notices received by municipal officials throughout the state.
"While we've worked hard to hold down price adjustments, the average customer bill will increase by 1.6 percent, beginning with the February 2013 billing cycle," said Comcast spokesman Marc Goodman.
A notice sent to Manchester officials detailed the price hikes. The monthly charge for limited basic cable in the Manchester area will go from $23.07 to $24.60. Expanded basic will go from $44.20 to $45.15.
The Starter Triple Play Bundle, with telephone, digital television and high-speed Internet, will go from $137 to $142 per month.
"We continue making investments in our network and next-generation technology to make enhancements customers want," said Goodman, "including faster Internet speeds, more multi-platform video, improved customer service and self-help options."
Customers currently on a Comcast promotional offer won't see increases until that promotion expires.
Dish Network recently announced an increase in the price of its core TV bundles effective this month, with most packages rising $5 per month. DirecTV announced price increases averaging 4.5 percent, starting in February.
Cable and satellite providers cited the higher costs for programs and the need for investments in new technology as reasons for the increases.
A DirecTV spokesman said that company has to pay about 8 percent more for programs, since almost all of its providers are hiking their rates, according to Reuters.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 0
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Battle between Bernie's bars
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed