Comcast bills to increase: 1.6 percent
Comcast cable subscribers will see increases in several services, scheduled to take effect on Jan. 22, according to notices received by municipal officials throughout the state.
"While we've worked hard to hold down price adjustments, the average customer bill will increase by 1.6 percent, beginning with the February 2013 billing cycle," said Comcast spokesman Marc Goodman.
A notice sent to Manchester officials detailed the price hikes. The monthly charge for limited basic cable in the Manchester area will go from $23.07 to $24.60. Expanded basic will go from $44.20 to $45.15.
The Starter Triple Play Bundle, with telephone, digital television and high-speed Internet, will go from $137 to $142 per month.
"We continue making investments in our network and next-generation technology to make enhancements customers want," said Goodman, "including faster Internet speeds, more multi-platform video, improved customer service and self-help options."
Customers currently on a Comcast promotional offer won't see increases until that promotion expires.
Dish Network recently announced an increase in the price of its core TV bundles effective this month, with most packages rising $5 per month. DirecTV announced price increases averaging 4.5 percent, starting in February.
Cable and satellite providers cited the higher costs for programs and the need for investments in new technology as reasons for the increases.
A DirecTV spokesman said that company has to pay about 8 percent more for programs, since almost all of its providers are hiking their rates, according to Reuters.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 3
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641