Comcast bills to increase: 1.6 percent
Comcast cable subscribers will see increases in several services, scheduled to take effect on Jan. 22, according to notices received by municipal officials throughout the state.
"While we've worked hard to hold down price adjustments, the average customer bill will increase by 1.6 percent, beginning with the February 2013 billing cycle," said Comcast spokesman Marc Goodman.
A notice sent to Manchester officials detailed the price hikes. The monthly charge for limited basic cable in the Manchester area will go from $23.07 to $24.60. Expanded basic will go from $44.20 to $45.15.
The Starter Triple Play Bundle, with telephone, digital television and high-speed Internet, will go from $137 to $142 per month.
"We continue making investments in our network and next-generation technology to make enhancements customers want," said Goodman, "including faster Internet speeds, more multi-platform video, improved customer service and self-help options."
Customers currently on a Comcast promotional offer won't see increases until that promotion expires.
Dish Network recently announced an increase in the price of its core TV bundles effective this month, with most packages rising $5 per month. DirecTV announced price increases averaging 4.5 percent, starting in February.
Cable and satellite providers cited the higher costs for programs and the need for investments in new technology as reasons for the increases.
A DirecTV spokesman said that company has to pay about 8 percent more for programs, since almost all of its providers are hiking their rates, according to Reuters.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Jump seen in number of free, reduced-price meals at NH schools - 1
- Policy change on school milk may cut food waste - 0
- Youngsters show how they would battle 'Nature's Fury' - 0
- Exploring the dark side of social media - 0
- Winnisquam teachers OK three-year contract - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- Input sought on Keene board of ed candidates - 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize